Portland TEAM Fitness 2018 Rotating Training Schedule
December 23, 2017
Portland TEAM Fitness 2018 Class Schedule
In an effort to provide nothing but the BEST workout experience for you we are excited to try a new workout schedule in 2018.
What is happening?
Instead of the same class happening the same day every week, we will begin a rotational schedule. We believe variety is the best way for you to get the most out of your workouts. A sample two-week schedule is below. Please note: Our 8am Saturday class will always be a cardio/core challenge format, Sunday 8:45 is Jump 30 and M/F/F will remain SPACE CAMP. All other classes will follow the new rotation:
Why are we doing this?
- Our goal at PTF is to strive for constant improvement. We want to be the best, we want to give YOU the best, and we believe this new rotation of classes will help you reach your goals that much faster, avoid injuries, and feel great.
- A rotation schedule allows for greater variety in your workouts, as well as greater variety in the instruction you receive.
- Under the current schedule, if you come only on M/W/F you miss out on certain workout formats. We want every PTF member to experience the unique benefits of each class format.For those of you who got a DEXA scan and took the fit test, this shift in scheduling will allow you to tailor your workouts to hit the goals you want to hit. Learn more in the “what’s in this for me” section below. (Didn’t do the DEXA scan or fit test? No big deal! See below for opportunities to get in on the action.)
- Not interested in DEXA or a fit test? That’s cool, too! This schedule shift can still help you make the most of your time in the gym.
What do I need to do?
- You’ll be able to sign up for classes under the new class rotation beginning Tues. Jan 2nd. All classes will be listed as TEAM Fitness Workout in Mindbody, but you will receive a PDF document of the breakdown of the specific classes. This document will also be on our website and facebook.
- If you want to try out the new schedule, you don’t have to do a thing. The only change will be the name of the class you’re already signed up for.
- If you have a favorite type of class, or one you prefer not to take, you can easily switch things around in MindBody beginning on January 2nd.
What’s in this for me?
- Health and fitness results are a combination of different systems in your body. The PTF brand stresses Posture (core/foundation) Power (strength) Performance (goal specific movements for sports/endurance) and PLAY (making sure we are having FUN). The classes you take at PTF are designed to make sure you are hitting all these facets of fitness.
- We offered the DEXA scan and Fit Test to give you information about HOW and WHAT you should be doing in each of the classes we offer.
- DEXA gave members information about body composition, bone density, visceral fat and also compared the right and left sides of the body. The results from a DEXA scan can help you know if you need to lift more weights to increase lean tissue or increase bone density, OR if you need to push a little bit harder in endurance intervals to increase endurance and burn fat.
- FIT TEST will be offered every 3-4 months to allow members to get a baseline, review their previous test results, and learn their full capabilities in a slower paced, non-class setting. It is important to know how much weight you can lift and what weights you use so you don’t plateau or get stuck in a comfortable but not challenging rut. If you are in a class that is focused on building strength, a fit test can help you understand what weights will work best to improve your strength. At the same time if you are in a class with longer cardio/endurance intervals a fit test will offer you benchmarks to try and meet and then BEAT when the next fit test hits.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER – THE PTF CLASSES
Knowing the differences between each class and their purpose will help you get the most out of each</
– BOOM: A blend of weights and cardio. Lift heavy when you get a weight, and push yourself when you are doing a body weight or cardio element. Your weight will not be as heavy as a DIESEL weight, because your reps will be a bit higher. In BOOM, you want to reach fatigue before each interval is up. Don’t finish your exercise thinking….hmmm….that wasn’t hard.
– MAD PROPS: Body-weight training with fitness props: TRX, bosu, med ball, bands, balls, cardio blasts, speed and agility, posture and core. NO WEIGHTS! This class promises to be fast paced but will also work balance, core and posture.
– DIESEL: Slower paced with heavier weights. Building strength is important and you can’t race through. Barbells, kettlebells, free weights, tires. There’s a longer warm-up to prep your body for the workout, 30 minutes of strength work followed by a short, but intense “fitness finisher.”
– 20-20-20: 20-20-20 is the class with the most exercise for posture, core and stability. 20 minutes of weights, 20 minutes of cardio, and then 20 minutes of core. Three simple segments that pack a serious, but fantastic punch!
I missed out on the DEXA and/or fit test, and now I want in!
- Great! Happy to help make that happen: Our next Fit Test is Sat. Jan 13th and you can register in Mindbody! The next one will be in late April or early May of 2018.
- To schedule your DEXA scan please go here