Philly Cheesesteak Peppers
February 27, 2015
We all have our guilty pleasures, the comfort foods we can’t live without. But, if we’re trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle, it’s often hard to fit them into our meal plan. Here’s a take on one of my guilty pleasures- Philly Cheesesteaks- that allows them to still be an occasional part of my diet without feeling guilty about it.
- 3 Green Bell Peppers, halved
- 3/4 lb thin-sliced Roast Beef (I usually get the Whole Foods In-House Roasted), cut into inch-wide strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 6 sliced provolone cheese
- Preheat Oven to 350* and arrange green pepper halves on a baking sheet.
- Melt butter in a large sautee pan. Add onions and cook until just translucent.
- Add roast beef, pepper and salt to the pan and cook, mixing all ingredients well, for about 5 minutes.
- Divide beef and onion mixture evenly among the 6 pepper halves, covering each with a slice of cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.
Makes 6 servings when served with a side, or three alone.